- Broaden the learning opportunities for students of all ACAMIS member schools in a total program of education, especially in sports competitions and arts and culture;
- Advance the professional development of staff of member schools;
- Facilitate communication and cooperative action among member schools;
- Promote understanding and international friendship through the activities of member schools;
- Cooperate with other organisations and individuals pursuing similar purposes as ACAMIS.
- ACAMIS is a membership organization that is inclusive in all of its operations regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, gender or sexual orientation.
- ACAMIS supports the opportunity for transgender students to participate and compete in athletics and all other activities. Our values are grounded in a concern for each student’s unique needs and an appreciation of the importance of feeling that one belongs. Our association therefore prioritizes the active inclusion of all students at all levels of sport and activities, including transgender students. ACAMIS acknowledges that transgender and nonbinary students face unique challenges with respect to feelings of belonging and identity that are different to those of their cisgender peers. We believe that restricting their participation in inter-school events only exacerbates a sense of isolation and affects self- image. Our clear expectation is that all students are treated equally and with dignity and respect.
- ACAMIS is committed to maintaining a professional and collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere which prohibits discriminatory practices, including sexual harassment. Sexual harassment, whether verbal, physical or arising from work assignments out of the office, at ACAMIS sponsored functions and events, or elsewhere, is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.