- Broaden the learning opportunities for students of all ACAMIS member schools in a total program of education, especially in sports competitions and arts and culture;
- Advance the professional development of staff of member schools;
- Facilitate communication and cooperative action among member schools;
- Promote understanding and international friendship through the activities of member schools;
- Cooperate with other organisations and individuals pursuing similar purposes as ACAMIS.
- ACAMIS is a membership organization that is inclusive in all of its operations regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, gender or sexual orientation.
- ACAMIS is committed to maintaining a professional and collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere which prohibits discriminatory practices, including sexual harassment. Sexual harassment, whether verbal, physical or arising from work assignments out of the office, at ACAMIS sponsored functions and events, or elsewhere, is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.