Benefits of Membership
ACAMIS is a unique membership organization, founded by members and governed by members with the benefits designed at the suggestion of members to assist with their needs.
- ACAMIS offers a range of Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) activities designed to provide an extra dimension of growth and experience
- Fourteen post-season sports based on a philosophy of personal growth, friendship, and different experiences are offered to stretch students beyond their self-perceived limits
- Cost effective professional development through events that rotate annually from north, central and south, further reducing travel costs
- Five Annual Conferences on topics of most interest to our schools include: Spring Leadership Conference; the major Chinese Conference in Asia; Early Childhood Education; English Language Learners; and Technology that works in China
- ACAMIS Conference Planning Committees consisting of nominated teachers in ACAMIS who design the content for the five conferences.
- Ten to twelve annual Workshops for Specialist and Supporting Staff conducted for ACAMIS by PD Academia
- PD Links, an ACAMIS webpage containing universities and other organizations that offer a range of professional development for the individual teacher such as credential renewal, credential building, advanced degrees, summer programs, all in one location for one-stop PD shopping and is updated and distributed three times annually
- A diverse membership with many types of schools, but with a common purpose of serving an international community with an international education
- Professional networking and sharing
- ACAMIS newsletter distributed to members in September, February, and May
- An ACAMIS logo and Membership Certificate to inform your community of professional organization membership.
Obligations of Membership
Members in good standing will:
- Complete the annual Excel Database for your key school positions by mid-September
- Submit the annual membership payment by October 1
- Designate an Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) representative (volunteer) to coordinate information about student activities
- Designate a Professional Development representative (volunteer)
- At the end of the school year, inform ACAMIS if you, as Head of School, will be leaving and who the new Head will be
- Plan for the Head, Athletics Director and Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) representatives to attend the annual Spring Leadership Conference
- Meet our legal requirement as a membership organization that the Head or a designated representative attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Spring Leadership Conference
- Make your staff aware of the Five annual ACAMIS Conferences designed to meet needs of students
- Encourage and support teachers to serve on ACAMIS Planning Committees as the opportunity arises
- Participate in hosting events when possible
- Ask their IT Manager to ensure emails from ACAMIS do not get caught in Spam filters. ACAMIS sends from the following email addresses:
- Make payment for ACAMIS membership fee or event registration via credit card or request invoices to process US dollar international wire transfer. To reduce paperwork and process only one wire transfer payment, we strongly recommend that the school appoint a PD Coordinator to make all online registrations for a conference or workshop to enable receipt of a single invoice and avoid time-consuming individual wire transfer payments.
- Inform staff of the PD application/payment process periodically.