Benefits of Membership
ACAMIS is a unique membership organization, founded by members and governed by members with the benefits designed at the suggestion of members to assist with their needs.
- ACAMIS offers a range of Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) activities designed to provide an extra dimension of growth and experience
- Fourteen post-season sports based on a philosophy of personal growth, friendship, and different experiences are offered to stretch students beyond their self-perceived limits
- Cost effective professional development through events that rotate annually from north, central and south, further reducing travel costs
- Five Annual Conferences on topics of most interest to our schools include: Spring Leadership Conference; the major Chinese Conference in Asia; Early Childhood Education; English Language Learners; and Technology that works in China
- ACAMIS Conference Planning Committees consisting of nominated teachers in ACAMIS who design the content for the five conferences.
- Ten to twelve annual Workshops for Specialist and Supporting Staff conducted for ACAMIS by PD Academia
- PD Links, an ACAMIS webpage containing universities and other organizations that offer a range of professional development for the individual teacher such as credential renewal, credential building, advanced degrees, summer programs, all in one location for one-stop PD shopping and is updated and distributed three times annually
- A diverse membership with many types of schools, but with a common purpose of serving an international community with an international education
- Professional networking and sharing
- ACAMIS newsletter distributed to members in September, February, and May
- An ACAMIS logo and Membership Certificate to inform your community of professional organization membership.
Obligations of Membership
Members in good standing will:
- Complete the annual Excel Database for your key school positions by mid-September
- Submit the annual membership payment by October 1
- Designate an Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) representative (volunteer) to coordinate information about student activities
- Designate a Professional Development representative (volunteer)
- At the end of the school year, inform ACAMIS if you, as Head of School, will be leaving and who the new Head will be
- Plan for the Head, Athletics Director and Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) representatives to attend the annual Spring Leadership Conference
- Meet our legal requirement as a membership organization that the Head or a designated representative attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Spring Leadership Conference
- Make your staff aware of the Five annual ACAMIS Conferences designed to meet needs of students
- Encourage and support teachers to serve on ACAMIS Planning Committees as the opportunity arises
- Participate in hosting events when possible
- Ask their IT Manager to ensure emails from ACAMIS do not get caught in Spam filters. ACAMIS sends from the following email addresses:
- Make payment for ACAMIS invoices via US dollar international wire transfer. To reduce paperwork and process only one wire transfer payment, we strongly recommend that the school appoint a PD Coordinator to make all online registrations for a conference or workshop to enable receipt of a single invoice and avoid time-consuming individual wire transfer payments. We hope to offer an online credit card payment option in the 2019/20 school year.
- Inform staff of the PD application/payment process periodically.