Benefits of Membership
ACAMIS is a unique membership organization, founded by members and governed by members with the benefits designed at the suggestion of members to assist with their needs.
- ACAMIS offers a range of Academic and Cultural Enrichment (ACE) activities designed to provide an extra dimension of growth and experience
- Fourteen post-season sports based on a philosophy of personal growth, friendship, and different experiences are offered to stretch students beyond their self-perceived limits
- Cost effective professional development through events that rotate annually from north, central and south, further reducing travel costs
- Five Annual Conferences on topics of most interest to our schools include: Spring Leadership Conference; the major Chinese Conference in Asia; Early Childhood Education; English Language Learners; and Technology that works in China
- ACAMIS Conference Planning Committees consisting of nominated teachers in ACAMIS who design the content for the five conferences.
- Ten to twelve annual Workshops for Specialist and Supporting Staff conducted for ACAMIS by PD Academia
- PD Links, an ACAMIS webpage containing universities and other organizations that offer a range of professional development for the individual teacher such as credential renewal, credential building, advanced degrees, summer programs, all in one location for one-stop PD shopping and is updated and distributed three times annually
- A diverse membership with many types of schools, but with a common purpose of serving an international community with an international education
- Professional networking and sharing
- ACAMIS newsletter distributed to members in September, February, and May
- An ACAMIS logo and Membership Certificate to inform your community of professional organization membership.