Holistic Student Development in International Schools
NEW! Professional Development for Teaching Assistants, in Mandarin and English, on how they can holistically develop international school students.
Designed for TAs.
This live facilitated online conference is specifically designed for teaching and non-teaching assistants, and co-teachers. It is also relevant for teachers who work with teaching assistants or parents who are interested in developing their children holistically. The purpose of this conference is to help participants develop practices and skills in partnering with their teachers and parents to assist students in achieving their full learning potential.
Teaching assistants, learning support and library assistants, arts/music/PE assistants, lab assistants, child-care assistants, co-teachers, and teachers of international/bilingual schools.
Interested parents are welcome to participate.
Monday, July 4 to Thursday, July 7
8:00 am to 12:30 pm (China Time)
6 Mandatory Sessions
Monday, July 4 – Wednesday, July 6
8:00 am – 11:15 am China Time (including a 15-minute break in between)
Each workshop will be available in English and Mandarin Chinese.
Multiple Elective Sessions
Monday, July 4 – Wednesday, July 6
11:30 am – 12:30 pm China Time
Thursday, July 7
8:00 am – 10:00 am China Time
These sessions are in either English or Mandarin Chinese depending on the presenter.
Thursday, July 7
10:15 am – 12:15 pm China Time
This session provides an excellent opportunity to share resources/information and engage in discussions among education professionals with similar job responsibilities, broaden their perspectives, share knowledge, and network regionally.
A certificate of participation will be awarded.
ACAMIS Member Schools
- USD150 per individually registered participant.
- USD1000 per bulk school registration for a group of up to 20.
- USD200 per individually registered participant.
- USD1500 per bulk school registration for a group of up to 20.
Presenters - USD 50 (After May 16 - USD75)
"I came, I grow."
- Annie Lv, Suzhou Singapore International School
"Learning, improved, and inspired"
- Vicky Gao, Hangzhou International School
"Learning from awesome people from different backgrounds."
- Jane Zhang, Nanjing International School
“[If you] want to be better [at your job], please join us at the next conference.”
- Carrie Chu, Dulwich College Beijing
“The whole training is very informative and really inspired me in many ways.”
- Sonia Zhang, Tsinghua International School
“Everyone here understands you.”
- Effie Sun, TEDA Global Academy
What will I learn?
Many schools are realizing that students need more than just academic rigor. Holistic education is a comprehensive approach to teaching where educators seek to address the students’ emotional, social, ethical, cultural, and intellectual needs in an integrated learning environment. It emphasizes the whole growth of a learner instead of emphasizing only specific aspects of the human experience. These include but are not limited to listening skills, resolving conflicts, manners, learning from failures, mental health, reflection and self-assessment, balance, and achieving one’s dreams.
While school leaders set the tone of whether learning environments will focus on academic-centric or holistic learning approaches, classroom professionals, including teaching and non-teaching assistants, play a vital role in implementing the learning philosophies. As a result, they have the most incredible opportunity to help students discover their identities and find meaning in community and world connections through holistic teaching methods.
By the end of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Fully understand the meaning of holistic education.
- Identify the benefits of holistic education.
- Discover the various areas of child development.
- Learn the role of assistants, co-teachers, and teachers in holistic education.
- Determine the optimal conditions or environments for holistic learning and development.
- Acquire knowledge, insights, and skills for developing the students holistically.
- Network with assistants, co-teachers, and teachers from other international/bilingual schools.
How will I learn?
Based on extensive research, we have developed a model for virtual professional development that will:
- Enable participants to enjoy a mix of content delivery methods to meet the needs of various learning styles and preferences, including but limited to lecturers, case studies, role-plays, discussions, and video productions.
- Challenge participants to apply knowledge and tools introduced throughout the conference to their own working context.
- Connect participants to process content collectively and share unique experiences and perspectives in small and large groups.
- Allow participants to review the presentations at their own convenience for 12 months after the conference to reinforce their learning.
Would You Like to Give a Presentation?
The Association of International School Teaching Assistants is sponsoring this conference and providing registrants with free access to their online learning platform. Go to the Content Partner tab to read more about this.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PARTICIPANTS
Email communication before the course start date
Emails related to this Online PD Program will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please immediately add this email sender to your safe sender list.
Approximately 2-weeks before the start of the course, participants will be emailed a course introduction, instructions for how to participate and a pre-course survey and readings, if applicable. If you do not receive this email please let us know.