Intercultural and Service Leadership for Business and HR ManagersInternational School of TianjinMarch 20-21, 2020
Note: This workshop will be facilitated in Mandarin Chinese.
- Intercultural Leadership
- Topics will include administrating, motivating and communicating with expatriate staff
- We will introduce a Workplace Management Behavior Assessment tool, DiSC, to help participants develop awareness of their working and communication priorities and how to influence stakeholders that have conflicting priorities.
- Servant Leadership
- Making the back-office more customer service oriented.
- Identifying strategies for how the back office can support the school mission.
- Peer Coaching
- Participants will use a coaching protocol to explore Job-a-like topics identified in the pre-workshop survey. Topics will be announced 2 weeks before the workshop so that participants can prepare to contribute to discussions that may include, but not be limited to: Negotiating Benefit Packages, Recruitment, Taxes and Housing.
Henry obtained his bachelor’s degree at Biola University, California, majoring in Organizational Leadership. After acquiring his master’s degrees in Education at Pepperdine University, and Intercultural Studies with an emphasis in International Business at Biola University, he took up an instructor position at Tianjin University of Technology in China. He taught two subjects – Intercultural Communication and International Trade. In addition, he taught Mathematics to middle school students for two years. He also received a multiple subject teaching credential with a supplementary authorization in Business Studies from the State of California..
The host school has recommended the following hotels:
Notes with hotel reservation:
You need to make your own hotel reservation (or for your colleagues who are going to attend the workshop).
Transportation will not be provided during the workshop days. You and/or your colleague who registered the workshop will receive a notification email approximately a week before the conference with workshop information and direction to the host school.