Leading LearningSuzhou Singapore International SchoolOctober 19-20, 2019
- How do leaders influence communities and teams to improve learning?
- What does a learning leader need to understand in order to be effective?
- Understand the ‘map’ of learning leadership so that you are well prepared to lead any learning community.
- Know and understand how to apply different influential leadership strategies
- Build your networks and relationships to other learning leaders
- Become aware of important research on learning that will support your leadership
Before the workshop you will be asked to write a description of your perfect school, and to identify a leadership project you have around improving learning.
Workshop will run from 8:30am for a 9:00am start, and end at around 4:30pm on each day, with two 15-min coffee break and 1 hour lunch break.
Stuart MacAlpine is the Director of Teaching and Learning at UWCSEA East Campus in Singapore. He is the founding director for Education for Sky School a blended High School for refugees who want to change the world. He works with a number of bodies on Educational Projects including the UNDP Migrant Nations project and the OECD 2030 Project. He is the founder of Hesscairn Ltd, a company which seeks to support educators who want to make a difference through Professional Learning.
- What does better look, feel and sound like?
- Cultures of learning
- Models of Learning
- Culture and complexity
- Leadership as Influence
- Influencing Identity
- Influencing beliefs
- Influencing ways of thinking
All recommendations are conveniently located near shops, restaurants and either a Metro Stop or walking distance from the host school.
Click below to enlarge the map and hotel info:
Notes with hotel reservation:
You need to make your own hotel reservation (or for your colleagues who are going to attend the workshop).
Transportation will be provided to Holiday Inn Express only during the workshop days. You need to arrange your own transportation from the other hotels.
You and/or your colleague who registered the workshop will receive a notification email approximately a week before the conference with workshop information and direction to the host school.