8th Annual Leadership ConferenceStrategic Planning: From Vision to ImplementationThe Independent School Foundation (ISF) Academy, Hong KongOctober 18-19, 2019
Our Goal: For participants to leave the Leadership Conference with the knowledge and confidence to identify and apply appropriate tools which will optimize success when facilitating relevant stakeholders in a long term strategic planning process.
Our Ideal Audience: This workshop is intended for Senior Leadership and will be organized into two streams, those responsible for Visioning and Communications (Executive Stakeholders) and those that are responsible for Implementation and Evaluation (Management).
Welcome to the Strategic Planning Leadership Conference!
- Extend your thinking about the nature of complex human and organisational behaviour;
- Design your own process of inquiry into visioning and planning to meet your community’s long term needs;
- Identify barriers to strategic planning and understand how to mitigate them;
- Grow your leadership capability to foster engagement and a growth mindset across your organisation;
- Determine the appropriate strategies and corresponding behaviours to address community concerns regarding the Future State we envision for our schools; and
- Develop and execute a communications plan to support our strategic plan.
This conference has been designed to meet the needs of all leaders, regardless if they may have little experience in strategic planning or are currently involved in or are preparing to facilitate relevant stakeholders in strategic planning. Differentiation and Inquiry-based Learning techniques will be used to ensure:
- Participants are grouped according to similar community demographics;
- Facilitators are prepared to support participants’ unique professional inquiry;
- Participants arrive with a common understanding of the content; and
- Participants can continue to connect and support each other after the conference.
October 18-19, 2019: Strategic Planning
- Presentation: Strategic Planning, as a process, will be introduced in four presentations. Each will identify key milestones and tools for each stage. Participants will experience how the tools introduced in the presentation can be applied to strategic planning that every educator will encounter at some point in their career.
- Case Analysis: Facilitator-led case analysis will give participants an opportunity to apply the tools introduced during the presentation to specific cases relevant to their cohort. Discussion activities will provide an opportunity for participants to learn from each other, as well as identify obstacles that will impact or influence the effectiveness of tools.
- Coaching: Participants will identify in advance of, and during, the conference a professional inquiry that they are preparing for, currently engaged in and/or have recently completed. This will enable facilitators to support participants to understand how to apply lessons and tools to their specific challenges.
Notes with hotel reservation:
You need to make your own hotel reservation (or for your colleagues who are going to attend the workshop).
Transportation will not be provided during the workshop days. You and/or your colleague who registered the workshop will receive a notification email approximately a week before the conference with workshop information and direction to the host school.