Interdisciplinary Programs: Building your STEAM UnitShanghai Singapore International SchoolOctober 13-14, 2018
For participants to learn the components of effective STEAM experiences in order to develop their own milestones, assessment, connection to curriculum, and exhibition of student work.
Our Ideal Audience: STEAM coordinators and Trans-Disciplinary Teacher Teams of Science, Technology, Art and Math. (curriculum coordinators, leads and supervisors)
Welcome to the Deeper Learning through STEAM Workshop!
- Identify the components of successful STEAM Experiences
- Design their own inquiry rich STEAM unit which includes how to:
- Frame and create an essential inquiry to guide the experience
- Develop student inquiry through inquiry- based strategies
- Design assessments to measure student learning and ensure growth in the unit
- Incorporate rigorous content and skills based off of school curriculum
- Plan an exhibition of student learning
- Establish experiential learning opportunities and milestones with the project
The mornings of Day One and Day Two will be a more deliberate approach to learning the essentials of STEAM experiences with real examples, articles and guided activities to understand its components.
The afternoons of Day One and Day Two will consist of work time and critique for trans disciplinary groups to develop and refine their own STEAM units.