Leading Effective Teams for New and Aspiring Team LeadersWestern International School of ShanghaiMay 17-18, 2019
Over-Arching Goal: By the end of the workshop, participants will understand and have confidence to facilitate team meetings, identify team goals, as well as to develop and foster strong relationships with and amongst team members.
- Participants will explore the why, what, and how of Team Leadership
- Participants will gain an understanding and appreciation of different leadership expectations
- Participants will learn how to build consensus to identify the team purpose and goals.
- Participants will practice effective communication skills.
- Participants will gain an awareness of self and others and how to manage the disparity.
- Participants will learn how to manage effective meetings, ensure equity and foster interdependence.
Workshop Preparation - The facilitator will survey each participant to understand their expectations, assess their familiarity with the proposed content and identify possible case material for activities. Participants will be given reading assignments in advance to ensure a common understanding of the content to be facilitated. The speaker will facilitate the workshop, meaning learning will be activated and reinforced through discussion and team planning, so participants must come prepared to talk about the teams they will lead.
DiSC Workplace Behavioral Survey – Participants will complete the DiSC Managers Behavioral Survey prior to the workshop. Participants’ customized Behavioral Profile reports will be reviewed in the workshop and ed throughout the workshop as a tool for developing greater awareness about self and other.
- DiSC provides a common language to help teams understand one another and work better together
- Develop awareness of self and other to improve communication
- Identify and hone key presentation skills
- Improve confidence and influencing skills
- Develop and hone Co-presentation skills
- Reduce conflict and avoid misunderstandings
- Demonstrate capacity to devise and deliver a compelling value proposition