Leading Effective Teams: Performance ManagementYew Chung International School of BeijingOctober 26-27, 2018
- Participants will gain an understanding and appreciation of different leadership expectations
- Participants will practice effective communication skills.
- Participants will gain an awareness of self and others and how to manage the disparity.
- Participants will learn how to manage effective meetings, ensure equity and foster interdependence.
- Participants will understand their role during different stages of team development.
- Participants will hone their team's goal and identify steps towards achieving that goal.
Methodology – The facilitator will survey each participant to understand their expectations, assess their familiarity with the proposed content and identify possible case material for activities. Participants will be given reading assignments in advance to ensure a common understanding of the content to be facilitated, as well as assignments that they will report on in the workshop. The speaker will facilitate the workshop, meaning learning will be activated and reinforced through discussion and team planning, not lecture.
- Participants will be surveyed to understand their experience, ambitions and anticipated challenges;
- Senior Leadership from participants respective schools will be invited to share feedback on their expectations and goals (This also serves to build awareness of the program and ensure support);
- Participants take the DiSC Everything Workplace Profile to develop a greater awareness of self and others, especially when tasked with delegating work and navigating difficult conversations; and
- Participants will receive continuous feedback from the facilitator and peers.
- DiSC provides a common language to help teams understand one another and work better together
- Develop awareness of self and other to improve communication
- Identify and hone key presentation skills
- Improve confidence and influencing skills
- Develop and hone Co-presentation skills
- Reduce conflict and avoid misunderstandings
- Demonstrate capacity to devise and deliver a compelling value proposition