Important Update - 2020 Chinese Conference Cancellation,
2021 conference dates announced
Due to the extended travel and quarantine restrictions, after careful consultation with the host school, ACAMIS 2020 Chinese Conference is cancelled.
Planning will begin as soon as possible for June 25-26, 2021 at Canadian International School of Guangzhou as many of the fundamental logistics are in place. We thank you again for your understanding and patience as we are monitoring the situation closely to ensure the conference will be held at the best possible time where everyone is feeling comfortable attending.
We sincerely appreciate the ongoing support from the host school, lead by Howard Stribbell, Director of Education, CIEO and Tanya Thiessen, Prinicpal of Canadian International School of Guangzhou, as well as our CLTN Conference Planning Committee team who have been so flexible and adaptable in working with us to carry forward this conference to next year. We look forward to seeing you all in Guangzhou in June 2021!
Thank You for the Ongoing Support!
The ACAMIS Chinese Conference aims to bring together educators from across China and Mongolia to share best practices and information in the latest advancements in teaching Chinese with great ideas that can be implemented directly in each specific local context. The Conference provides an opportunity for Chinese teachers to share their expertise in the following areas:
- Effective teaching strategies and methods
- Curriculum design and implementation
- Assessment for learning
- Integrating Chinese language and culture into the curriculum, and
- Educational theories and pedagogies that are related to Chinese teaching and learning.
This year’s ACAMIS Chinese conference is going to focus on reflecting and applying Junzi’s philosophy into our lives and classroom learning. Junzi's character and philosophy is highly appreciated and valued in the traditional Chinese community. Chinese teachers often reflect on his teachings and motivate themselves to be better educators. This conference provides an opportunity to rethink the true meaning of education and our role as Chinese teachers in the international school settings, and the mission and responsibility as a Chinese teacher.
CALL FOR PEER PRESENTERS!
- Effective teaching strategies/methods
- Using technology to teach Chinese language and culture
- Curriculum design and implementation (especially for early childhood education (ECE)/kindergarten and elementary/primary years*)
- Assessment for learning
- Integrating language with culture
- Classroom management
- Chinese teachers’ professional development/growth
- Other pedagogies such as:
- Mother-tongue 母语
- Bilingual Learning 二语
- Near Native 近母语
- Differentiated Instruction 差异化教学