Designed for schools leaders with a responsibility for recruiting, inducting and retaining school staff.
We are pleased to announce our upcoming International Education Human Resources Management conference: "Be a Choice School: Strategies for Recruiting and Retaining the Globally Minded Educators". This conference is designed for International School Leaders and Administrative Staff who are dedicated to creating a school environment that attracts and retains top talent.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn from experts in the field of Human Resource Management (HRM) and International Education, who will share their insights and experiences on how to improve both Candidate and Employee Experience (CX/EX). Sessions will cover a range of topics that are relevant to International School Leaders and Administrative Staff with a responsibility for recruiting, inducting and retaining top talent. These topics will include but are not limited to:
- Best practices for recruiting and hiring high-quality teaching and non-teaching staff
- Strategies for developing and implementing effective employee onboarding and training programs
- Creating a positive and supportive work environment that encourages employee well-being and productivity
- Counseling Employees Effectively
- Competency-Based Behavioral Interviewing
In addition to professional and peer presentations, participants will have the opportunity to network with other International School Leaders and Administrative staff, share their experiences and challenges, and gain valuable insights and ideas for improving their school’s Human Resource Management practices and processes.
Call for Peer Presenters!
Presentation Proposal Guidelines:
- Align your presentation with the conference theme, which is to not only improve the recruitment and retention practices of schools in China, but to also demonstrate for schools in China how they can positively influence the post-pandemic perception of working in China that global educators may have.
- A list of possible topics is provided towards the end of this submission form, but feel free to suggest anything else you feel aligns with the conference theme.
- There are 3 presentation options: 90-minute Workshops intended to be practical, 60-minute presentations intended to broaden perspectives and share experience, where 15-minutes is reserved for Q&A, and panel moderated discussions, where the moderator should suggest panel participants and we will assist in confirming their participation.
- Submit a separate form for each presentation proposal (E.g., 2 proposals = 2 form submissions).
- Presenters receive a 25% discount off the regular registration fee. Panelists are not eligible for this discount unless they are presenters for separate sessions.
- Joint presenters are welcome. Put one of your names in the name fields at the top of the form and type the name of the joint presenter in the “Additional Notes” field at the end of the form. Joint presenters are each eligible for the presenter registration discount. Both presenters will be entitled to the presenter discount.
In today's educational landscape, international schools face heightened scrutiny when it comes to establishing an identity that aligns with the fundamental purpose of education: delivering effective, high-quality teaching and pedagogy.
This session presents a novel approach to identifying the strengths of your school's teaching methods and pedagogy. By leveraging these strengths, you can create a compelling and sustainable identity that resonates in an increasingly competitive recruitment environment. Discover how to authentically build the name of your school by harnessing the power of teaching pedagogy.
Dr Stephen Holmes
Dr Stephen Holmes is the Principal and Founder of The 5Rs Partnership (www.5rspartnership.com), established in Singapore in 2004, a renowned, specialist evidence market research into strategy and reputation consultancy for the school sector.
Dr Holmes is widely regarded to be the most experienced, credentialed consultant/facilitator in the world in the related concepts of marketing, strategic planning, reputation management for the education sector.
Stephen is the only full-time practising consultant in the world with a PhD in the specific field of school marketing/reputation.
Dr Holmes is recognized as both a pioneer and thought leader globally in school communities at a practical level through his consulting, academic and professional contributions. Dr Holmes’ reputation specific to the education sector has centered on being an evidence-based strategist with a holistic, market perspective on education. He holds an unmatched client list across every continent spanning three decades.
In 2022/23 alone, Dr Holmes has been commissioned for major international and independent school projects in every continent of the world.
Dr Holmes also undertakes substantive published research, program development training and teaching with school audiences globally. He has worked extensively for ACAMIS and its schools over recent years.
In an era of rapidly changing educational landscapes, effective onboarding has emerged as a crucial factor in not just retaining talent, but also driving peak performance. In this presentation, the focus will be on unpacking strategic onboarding practices that can transform a school's productivity and work culture. Participants are invited to join and explore actionable insights, case studies, and innovative approaches to revolutionizing your onboarding process.
Participants can expect to learn and do:
- How effective onboarding impacts new hires.
- Take an inventory of their current process of onboarding.
- Identify opportunities for strengthening their onboarding.
Dr. Robert S. Jackson
Dr. Robert S. Jackson is an experienced American educator with over 20 years of working in international schools in Belarus, China, Albania, Ukraine, and Saudi Arabia. In addition, he worked in NYC as an instructional coach in the high school on Rikers Island, helping incarcerated young men earn a high school diploma. Robert holds two Master's degrees in Intercultural Communication and Educational Leadership from Columbia University, as well as a doctorate from Johns Hopkins University with an emphasis in Entrepreneurial Leadership in Education. In 2014, Robert was honored by the State Department as the international recipient of the National Association of Elementary School Principals as a National Distinguished Principal. He currently serves as the superintendent of the American International School of Jeddah in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.