Agency is the power to take meaningful and intentional action to acknowledge the rights and responsibilities of the individual while supporting voice, choice and ownership for everyone in the learning community. Leaders can strengthen school communities by empowering teachers and students to take charge of what, where, why, with whom and when they learn.
ACAMIS Spring Leadership Conference will provide opportunities to see the impact that agency has had on schools around the world and how the learning community considers children’s rights, responsibilities and identities.
There are a number of areas that agency can be applied in our schools. Some possible topics of discussion would include:
- Student directed learning
- Staff driven professional development
- Decision making in a distributed leadership model
- How we are involving our staff in determining goals and decisions
- Community involvement
- Heads, Principals, Middle Management and Aspiring Leaders
- Business Managers
- Athletic Directors
- ACE Coordinators
- Curricular Leaderships
- Marketing, Admissions, Communications (MAC)
- Special Needs/Learning Support
- University Placement
Sponsorship for ACAMIS Spring Leadership Conference is now closed.
We sincerely thank all the sponsors for their generous support!
PAST CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS