ACAMIS Technology Conference
Saturday & Sunday, October 16-17, 2021
Hong Kong Academy, Hong Kong SAR
Thank you for joining us this year!
We hope to see you again next year in Hong Kong!
Stay tuned for further updates!
With many schools experiencing challenges with their staff travelling outside their province, we have now changed to a one-day virtual conference where:
- You can now participate virtually live online, OR
- You can still attend the conference in person at Shen Wai International School, to see a combination of virtual and live presentations and socialise and connect with peers (lunch and happy hour drinks included)
2020 Technology Conference Programme Information
The annual ACAMIS Technology Conference has been a gateway for educators in our network to not only get introduced to transformative classroom technologies, but training and use cases to ensure they can reliably introduce those technologies into their classroom. Our conference has had unprecedented year-on-year growth, but it’s now more than ever that every educator in our network needs to participate in this conference. Our educators not only need to reflect on the impact educational technologies have had over the past year, but also understand how we can use technology more effectively to sustain the level of interconnectedness we had grown accustom to before COVID-19.
Our theme for this year is not only intended to address how technology can enable greater connectedness with students and peers, in and out of the classroom, but also to demonstrate how we can use these tools to provide real time social and emotional support. Elizabeth Cooper, the Chairperson for the ACAMIS Robotics Committee (ARC), put it best by emphasizing the importance of strengthening peer networks and building capacity to sustain those networks, even in the face of a pandemic:
Last January, we were busy working with our students to prepare them for regional robotics competitions up until the minute we left for Chinese New Year. Unfortunately, we were unable to return to school following the holiday and had to cancel all competitions for the year when the coronavirus pandemic hit. We lost connections with our students, and our students missed the opportunity to connect with peers in other schools and … sharing their work. This year, our goal in ACAMIS Robotics is to make sure all students have opportunities to engage in robotics activities, whether this means attending regional competitions, virtually connecting with other schools...
This is a story shared by so many educators that we are determined not to see repeat. Many schools have been making tremendous strides to build their remote teaching and learning capacity. This ACAMIS Conference we not only intend on introducing technologies to further develop that capacity, but go deeper into technologies many of us our already familiar with and demonstrate how they can be used to build and maintain real-time connections with our peers, students and families.
Here is a list of Strands that this year’s conference:
- Classroom Technologies
- Technologies coming soon to a classroom near you
- Recent product releases and updates for Distance/Remote Learning
- Recent product releases and updates for Technologies that support a Hybrid Classroom (Classes with students on and off campus)
- In-Class technologies
- Mature (geared towards developing skills)
- Technologies we have come to rely on to support Distance/Remote Learning
- Technologies we have come to rely on to support (Classes with students on and off campus)
- In-Class technologies
- Building Connections for Professional, Social and Emotional Well-being
- Social Media
- Community Building
- Social How to start robotics in your school
- How to launch competitive robotics
- Newly Added! Chinese Language Presentations to support Chinese Teachers