ACAMIS CULTURAL AND ENRICHMENT (ACE) EVENTS
ACAMIS Cultural and Enrichment (ACE) Events is designed to provide a forum for ACAMIS member schools Creative Arts directors, academic teachers, and other interested parties to better meet the aims and purposes of ACAMIS regarding academic, cultural, and creative arts education.
- Give students the opportunity to experience new endeavors.
- Allow students to participate in a variety of non-athletic enrichment activities.
- Allow students a safe environment in which to express themselves.
- Encourage collaboration among member schools, students, and teachers. Allow students to experience the thrill of being a part of a collaborative process.
- Give students the opportunity to travel.
- Foster interaction with students from other schools and develop bonds of friendship.
While she originally hails from Kansas City, Jennifer has been living and teaching in China since 2012. She received her Bachelor’s in Art Education from Northern Arizona University and has her Master’s in Art Education and Leadership from Boston University. Jennifer has been teaching art since 2006 and believes that everyone has the innate ability and fundamental need to create. She has been featured in several publications and has presented about art and education for organizations such as the Kansas Art Education Association and the International Journal of Art and Design Education. When Jennifer is not busy making, teaching, or writing, she enjoys exploring the world and learning the stories of the places she visits and the people she meets.
Originally from the UK, Russell has been a music educator since 2005. He has experience of teaching and leading music departments in the United Kingdom, Taiwan, China, and South Korea. He completed his undergraduate degree in Jazz, Popular Music at Newcastle College and earned an M.A. in World Music Studies from the University of Sheffield in 2014. He is a Certified Soundtrap Educator, Musical Futures Champion Teacher, IB Workshop Leader and is the Head of Fine and Performing Arts at Xiamen International School. He is passionate about integrating technology into the classroom, leading ensembles, building music programmes and providing further opportunities for students to develop and increase their appreciation for the Arts.
TOURNAMENT OF MINDS
MATH QUEST & RUBIK'S CUBE